SCSN is a registered Scottish Charity (SC357649) and Company Limited by Guarantee in Scotland (SC040464). We are primarily a membership organisation that brings together representatives from across the community safety sector to achieve a shared vision. We also host Home Safety Scotland (a forum of home safety organisations and professionals).
We are the strategic voice for community safety in Scotland and through working collaboratively with our members and partner agencies aim to:
- Provide leadership and be a centre of excellence for the community safety sector
- Champion community safety and influence the shaping and development of national policy and local delivery
- Be a collaborative learning, developing and sustainable network.
To achieve these aims, SCSN currently provides a range of services which inform local and national delivery including:
- Knowledge Exchange – sharing of practice through case studies, thematic papers and research papers
- Learning/Masterclass Events – a range of learning events and Masterclasses delivered by experts in their fields
- Guidance and Toolkits – including briefing papers on current and emerging national developments and resources to support partnerships in planning and evidencing impact
- Conferences and Events – covering a range of cross-cutting issues and national initiatives
- Forums and network meetings – to encourage information sharing and networking within the community safety sector
- Safety NET-works – our monthly newsletter sharing information on SCSN services, funding, national consultations, community safety initatives and national research
For more information on SCSN and the work that we do: