Our friends at Generations Working Together are seeking new trustees and have asked us to share the opportunity via our network as they are looking for people with experience and knowledge of the community safety sector.
GWT is looking for two trustees who have experience of working in the voluntary, public or private sector who want to become actively involved in progressing intergenerational work across Scotland. In particular, we are seeking trustees with a strong background/expert skills and life experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing and Communications (including digital)
- Protected Characteristics
- Local Politics and Local Government
- Intergenerational Work
- Community Safety
- Health and /or Social Care
- Housing/Architecture with an interest in Intergenerational Housing
GWT ask for a commitment which involves attending:
- Four online board meetings (normally held on a Wednesday, 5.30pm to 8pm) (however this could alter in the future due to the needs of Trustees)
- The Annual General Meeting (online) – 13th November 2023
- One/two development sessions (in person normally Glasgow) each year to develop and review the corporate plan/manifesto.
- Occasional GWT Conferences/ Parliamentary Receptions or other events.
We have an exciting 3 years ahead of the charity which will see the following events take place:
- 2024 – Six learning roadshows facilitated in Aberdeen, Ayrshire, Dundee, Dumfries, Glasgow and Inverness and a Parliamentary Reception (Holyrood) planned to launch a new publication and announce Excellence Award Winners (11th June 2024)
- 2025 – National Conference to be held in the Highlands celebrating local grassroot work (possibly May or Sept)
- 2026 – Global Intergenerational Conference in Glasgow in partnership with the International Consortium of Intergenerational Programmes (possibly May or Sept)
Trustees are appointed for a term of two times three years and are eligible to serve a further three-year term or three one-year terms, after which they must retire from the board. Our Trustees are responsible and accountable for the overall strategic leadership and direction of the organisation and share our vision and passion about promoting strong, generationally connected communities.
To apply please email a covering letter stating why you are interested in joining the board of GWT along with your CV to Alison Clyde.
For more information or to have arrange an informal conversation about GWT or intergenerational work please contact Alison Clyde, Chief Executive Officer on 07769629988 or by email.
Please note our CEO will be on holiday leave from the 6th – 23rd October 2023 and will be in contact on her return.
Full details including application can be found here.