The National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team has produced some helpful materials to help promote scams awareness around coronavirus (COVID-19) scams at this difficult time. Today the team has released a press release around criminals exploiting fears about coronavirus to prey on members of the public, particularly older and vulnerable people who are isolated from family and friends. There will also be media around this today on Sky and BBC, with your help the team would appreciate as much support as possible.
Please share amongst your partners, groups, communities and social media platforms.
You will find attached:
- Coronavirus infographic – this is printable and sharable via social media or email.
- Link to the updated FAS training materials.
(Local authorities are still able to promote using your own unique URL links)
- Social media pack – please share on all your platforms (Word and PDF files available)
- Letter template – for partners who want to contact people in vulnerable situations in their area. Please add your own logos and contact information and edit as you wish.
Press release links:
- There is also a press release on the NTS website.
- A link to the press release on our Friends Against Scams website.
Please support us in this campaign and help share the important scams awareness messages. If you haven’t already please follow our @AgainstScams and @NTSscamsteam
Download Social Media Pack here.
Download Scam Postcard here.
Download Scams Awareness Letter here.
Read it. Share it. Prevent it.