11th June 2018
Partner Inputs and Outcomes
This event, kindly hosted by Scottish Fire and Rescue Service at their East Command Headquarters in Newbridge, Edinburgh was a follow up to the Partners Ambitions Event held on 1 June 2017. Below is a summary of what was discussed and who was present. You can download the full event report here.
The partners represented where:
- Scottish Fire & Rescue Service
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Government Building Safer Communities
- Neighbourhood Watch Scotland
- Active & Independent Living Scotland – Falls
- Inspiring Scotland
The key aims for the event were set as:
- Get to know each other
- Move towards joint/collaborative working
- Establish safer communities
The desired outcomes included a joint partner activity calendar, use of a shared communication platform, a partner seminar and to explore the concept of a Safer Communities Hub.
After brief introductions and partner updates the event consisted of 4 interactive sessions:
- Mapping out current partner activity
- Capturing partner communication and engagement – who, what, where and how?
- Identifying gaps in BSC delivery
- Agreed Action Plan
The formats used included verbal discussion and providing input, thoughts and ideas via post-it notes. As a result a large amount of information was captured and all partners participated freely. The agreed rules for contribution were honest, authentic communication and sharing.
An agreed hashtag for the event was #BSCGetTogether