New legislation, the Offensive Weapons Act 2019, now includes corrosives substances under the definition of an offensive weapon. In light of this change, No Knives, Better Lives have brought together experts to give practitioners an introductory overview of corrosive substance violence and how we can prevent it.
Dr Matt Hopkins, Associate Professor in Criminology, University of Leicester
Jaf Shah, Executive Director, Acid Survivors Trust International
This webinar will cover:
- An overview of corrosive substance violence
- Corrosive substance violence in Scotland
- Profile of perpetrators and victims
- Differences between corrosive substance violence and other types of violence
- Effective prevention strategies
This webinar will take place using Zoom Webinar. Attendees will not have camera or microphone on. Questions can be asked during the event using the Q&A or chat function. There will be auto-generated captions available.