All bodies have and everybody has a right to safety, respect and bodily autonomy.
The biggest responsibility lies with anyone thinking about spiking NOT to do it.
Crew 2000 Scotland exists to reduce drug and sexual health related harms and stigma, improving mental and physical health without judgement.
Since 1992, we’ve grown from a purely volunteer-led organisation originating in the rave and free party scene to a mixed professional and volunteer team providing:
• advice, information and support Drop-in shop for young people aged 12-25 face to face in central Edinburgh and online, with free, confidential Blood Borne Virus and pregnancy testing and barrier contraception/Sexually transmitted infection prevention
• training for professionals across Scotland, and Take-home Naloxone overdose prevention training and supply of Overdose Prevention Kits for anyone likely to witness an opiate or opioid overdose (eg drugs like methadone, heroin or codeine)
• Nightlife Harm Reduction welfare and crisis support for young people at music festivals and clubs
• counselling for adults wishing to reduce, stabilise or stop stimulant drug use supported by Edinburgh Alcohol and Drug Partnership
In response to increased reporting and discussion about spiking, we invite you to join us at the Red Lecture Theatre, Summerhall Thursday 11th November 11AM – 1PM for:
1. Free, introductory training on spiking, including:
• What’s happening in Edinburgh
• Strategies for preventing and detecting spiking in a venue
• Why might some groups be less likely to report or seek help
• How to support people
• How to gather information
• How the police can help
2. Free individual samples of cup lids and other devices to prevent spiking and Crew 2000 harm reduction information
3. Information on how Crew 2000’s Training and new Nightlife Harm Reduction projects can support influencers, venues, promoters and Night Time Industry staff to develop messages, procedures and practice to prevent spiking and promote safer nightlife
4. Networking to develop a longer term response to promoting #safernightlife in Edinburgh
Crew 2000 (Scotland) is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland,
company number SC176635, and a charity also registered in Scotland, SCO 21500.
32-32A Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1PB.