The latest evidence shows that a ‘Child First approach’ is the best was to prevent offending by children, and therefore to create safer communities with fewer victims.
We asked more than 200 expert stakeholders:
• How far are we from a Child First youth justice system; and
• What can we do to get there?
Using a system map methodology we used the discussions from these stakeholders across England and Wales to identify themes and priorities, as well as ideas for improving the system.
The session will cover:
• Why we undertook the work
• How we gathered and validated the data and findings
• What the data tells us about how close/far we are from a Child First system
• Stakeholder-identified priorities for the system
• A selection of ideas from stakeholders
• What we hope the report will be used for
We hope you can join us to hear more about the report and to discuss how we can all use the learnings in future activity.
The report is available to download on the YJ Resource Hub here: https://yjresourcehub.uk/research-articles-reports-and-briefings-thematic-broader-research-inform/item/1044-child-first-identifying-progress-and-priorities-using-a-system-map-youth-justice-board-for-england-and-wales-october-2022.html