SCSN is a registered Scottish Charity (SC357649) and Company Limited by Guarantee in Scotland (SC040464). We are primarily a membership organisation that brings together representatives from across the community safety sector to achieve a shared vision.
We are the strategic voice for community safety in Scotland and through working collaboratively with our members and partner agencies aim to:
- Provide leadership and be a centre of excellence for the community safety sector
- Champion community safety and influence the shaping and development of national policy and local delivery
- Be a collaborative learning, developing and sustainable network.
To achieve these aims, SCSN currently provides a range of services which inform local and national delivery including:
- Knowledge Exchange – sharing of practice through case studies, thematic papers and research papers
- Training – a comprehensive training programme supported by eLearning modules to improve accessibility
- Guidance and Toolkits – including briefing papers on current and emerging national developments and resources to support partnerships in planning and evidencing impact
- Conferences and Events – covering a range of cross-cutting issues and national initiatives
- Forums and network meetings – to encourage information sharing and networking within the community safety sector
- Small grants fund – to engage with communities and deliver rail safety messages
- Safety NET-works – our monthly newsletter sharing information on SCSN services, funding, national consultations, community safety initatives and national research
- Safer Communities Awards – Bi-annual awards celebrating excellence and innovation in community safety
For more information on SCSN and the work that we do: